By Bernard Lightman
- Provides a single-volume assessment of present scholarship within the heritage of technology edited by way of one of many prime figures within the field
- Features 40 essays through top foreign students supplying an summary of the major debates and advancements within the historical past of science
- Reflects the shift in the direction of deeper ancient contextualization in the field
- Helps converse and combine views from the background of technology with different components of ancient inquiry
- Includes dialogue of non-Western topics that are built-in during the chapters
- Divided into 4 sections in keeping with key analytic different types that replicate new ways within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
New PDF release: The Sciences’ Media Connection –Public Communication and its
The Yearbook addresses the overriding query: what are the consequences of the ‘opening up’ of technology to the media? Theoretical issues and a number of empirical stories overlaying diverse configurations supply an in-depth research of the sciences’ media connection and its repercussions on technological know-how itself.
Download PDF by Dr Gattei Stefano: Thomas Kuhn's 'Linguistic Turn' and the Legacy of Logical
Offering a severe background of the philosophy of technology within the 20th century, concentrating on the transition from logical positivism in its first part to the "new philosophy of technological know-how" in its moment, Stefano Gattei examines the impression of numerous key figures, however the major concentration of the publication are Thomas Kuhn and Karl Popper.
Download e-book for kindle: The People's Peking Man: Popular Science and Human Identity by Sigrid Schmalzer
Within the Nineteen Twenties a global group of scientists and miners unearthed the richest proof of human evolution the realm had ever noticeable: Peking guy. After the communist revolution of 1949, Peking guy grew to become a well-liked determine within the circulation to convey technological know-how to the folk. In a brand new country with dual pursuits of crushing “superstition” and setting up a socialist society, the tale of human evolution was once the 1st lesson in Marxist philosophy provided to the hundreds.
Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and by Steven Kotler,Jamie Wheal PDF
Nationwide BESTSELLER “A extraordinary journey alongside the trail from intercourse and medicine to R&D. ” - monetary instances It’s the largest revolution you’ve by no means heard of, and it’s hiding in simple sight. during the last decade, Silicon Valley executives like Eric Schmidt and Elon Musk, precise Operators just like the military SEALs and the fairway Berets, and maverick scientists like Sasha Shulgin and Amy Cuddy have grew to become every thing we inspiration we knew approximately excessive functionality the other way up.
- From Complexity to Life: On The Emergence of Life and Meaning
- Intangible Materialism: The Body, Scientific Knowledge, and the Power of Language
- On Atrophy of the Stomach - And on the Nervous Affections of the Digestive Organs
- Madame Wu Chien-Shiung:The First Lady of Physics Research
- Unravelling Starlight: William and Margaret Huggins and the Rise of the New Astronomy
Extra resources for A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Bernard Lightman