By J.S. McClelland
* lines the advance of political idea from old Greece to the past due 20th century
* specializes in person thinkers and texts
* contains forty biographies of key political thinkers
* deals unique perspectives of theorists and highlights these which can were unjustly neglected
* develops the broader subject matters of political inspiration and the family members among thinkers over time.
Read or Download A History of Western Political Thought PDF
Similar political philosophy books
New PDF release: The Political Philosophy of Judith Butler (Routledge
Judith Butler can justifiably be defined as one of many significant serious thinkers of our time. whereas she is best-known for her interventions into feminist debates on gender, sexuality and feminist politics, her concentration lately has broadened to surround the most pertinent issues of curiosity to modern political philosophy.
Download e-book for iPad: Egalitarian Rights Recognition: A Political Theory of Human by Matt Hann
This e-book takes a particular and leading edge method of a comparatively under-explored query, particularly: Why can we have human rights? a lot political discourse easily proceeds from the concept people have rights simply because they're human with out heavily interrogating this suggestion. Egalitarian Rights reputation bargains an account of ways human rights are created and the way they're visible to be valid: rights are created via social attractiveness.
Treatise on Law, The: (Summa Theologiae, I-II; qq. 90-97): by Thomas Aquinas,R. J. Henle S.J. PDF
During this translation of Saint Thomas Aquinas’s The Treatise on legislation, R. J. Henle, S. J. , a well known authority on philosophy and jurisprudence, fluently and correctly provides the Latin and English translation of this significant paintings. Henle offers the required heritage for an educated interpreting of the Treatise, in addition to the one in-depth observation to be had in English in this textual content.
Download e-book for iPad: Honor in America?: Tocqueville on American Enlightenment by Laurie M. Johnson
Is there this sort of factor as American honor, or is honor easily incompatible with smooth liberal democracy and capitalism? Tocqueville’s Democracy in the US is very like minded as a way of exploring those questions. via an in-depth research of Tocqueville’s perspectives on aristocratic as opposed to American democratic honor, this ebook explores what honor may possibly suggest within the glossy Western context.
- Between Ethics and Politics: New Essays on Gandhi (Ethics, Human Rights and Global Political Thought)
- Science in a Democratic Society
- Niccolò Machiavelli: Der Fürst (Klassiker Auslegen) (German Edition)
- Envisionings: Wandering Outside the Boxes
Additional info for A History of Western Political Thought
A History of Western Political Thought by J.S. McClelland