By Karl Jacoby
Read or Download Crimes against Nature: Squatters, Poachers, Thieves, and the Hidden History of American Conservation PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
The Yearbook addresses the overriding query: what are the consequences of the ‘opening up’ of technological know-how to the media? Theoretical issues and a bunch of empirical reviews protecting varied configurations supply an in-depth research of the sciences’ media connection and its repercussions on technological know-how itself.
Providing a severe historical past of the philosophy of technology within the 20th century, targeting the transition from logical positivism in its first part to the "new philosophy of technological know-how" in its moment, Stefano Gattei examines the effect of a number of key figures, however the major concentration of the ebook are Thomas Kuhn and Karl Popper.
Within the Nineteen Twenties a global group of scientists and miners unearthed the richest proof of human evolution the realm had ever visible: Peking guy. After the communist revolution of 1949, Peking guy grew to become a admired determine within the circulation to deliver technological know-how to the folk. In a brand new country with dual objectives of crushing “superstition” and constructing a socialist society, the tale of human evolution was once the 1st lesson in Marxist philosophy provided to the hundreds.
Nationwide BESTSELLER “A incredible travel alongside the trail from intercourse and medication to R&D. ” - monetary instances It’s the largest revolution you’ve by no means heard of, and it’s hiding in simple sight. over the last decade, Silicon Valley executives like Eric Schmidt and Elon Musk, detailed Operators just like the military SEALs and the fairway Berets, and maverick scientists like Sasha Shulgin and Amy Cuddy have became every little thing we proposal we knew approximately excessive functionality the wrong way up.
- The Making of Modern Medicine: Turning Points in the Treatment of Disease
- Managing Northern Europe's Forests: Histories from the Age of Improvement to the Age of Ecology (Environment in History: International Perspectives)
- Luther Burbank, his methods and discoveries and their practical application - Volume VIII
- Laboratories of Art: Alchemy and Art Technology from Antiquity to the 18th Century (Archimedes)
- Harvey's Essentials of Arithmetic - Second Book
- Descartes and Method: A Search for a Method in Meditations (Routledge Studies in Seventeenth-Century Philosophy)
Additional resources for Crimes against Nature: Squatters, Poachers, Thieves, and the Hidden History of American Conservation
Crimes against Nature: Squatters, Poachers, Thieves, and the Hidden History of American Conservation by Karl Jacoby